• our everyday number system is a Base-10 system.
• the Base-10 number system is known as the decimal system
and has 10 digits to show all numbers
using place value and a decimal point to separate
whole numbers from decimal fractions.
base numbers and number systems
• a base number is the basis of a place value number system.
successive powers of the base number
are used for each column.
• the decimal system uses 10
as its base number
so it is called a Base-10 system.
• the binary system uses 2 as its base number so
it is called a Base-2 system.