• slope is the steepness and direction of a line as read from left to right.
• the slope or gradient can be found by determining the ratio of
the rise (vertical change) to the run (horizontal change)
between two points on the line, or by using
a linear equation in slope-intercept form (y = mx + b).
• positive slope indicates the line is heading up.
• negative slope indicates the line is heading down.
• the slope of a horizontal line is zero.
• the slope of a vertical line
Slope Interactive Graph