• a spreadsheet is a computer program
which is used to organise and manipulate data.
• a spreadsheet displays a table where the data is entered
into cells arranged in columns and rows.
• each cell has a column letter and a row number, e.g. B4 , D6.
• spreadsheets are also like a calculator because
formulas can be applied to the cells to make calculations.
• calculations in one section can be linked to other sections
so all the data in the spreadsheet updates as new entries are made.
• most spreadsheet programs also have a graphing
or charting function so data
can be displayed visually.